Our Wedding Policy
We want to congratulate you on your desire to get married! Here you will find helpful information as you move forward in your wedding plans. You will also find the policies that will enable us to best serve you at this special juncture of your life. If we can be of specific help, don’t hesitate to contact us. We are honored and excited that you are considering The Harbour Church for your wedding.
HARBOUR CARE WEDDING POLICY
At Harbour Church, we perform and officiate weddings in accordance with what we believe, which is that the Word of God is clear in stating that a marriage is between a man, who was born a man, and a woman, who was born a woman, according to the gospel as stated in Matthew 19:35, “Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.”
Weddings at the Harbour Church Ministry Center officiated by Harbour Church pastors are reserved for active partners (members) of Harbour Church.
- We ask that requests for our wedding services be made at least 4-6 months before your wedding date. By filling out the Wedding Request Form, you are acknowledging that you adhere to all our wedding policies. We reserve the right to cancel any wedding, at any point, should our Pastoral Team deem it necessary. (We will return any money we received for services that we did not perform.)
- Your wedding request status is “UNCONFIRMED” until the request form has been approved by the Harbour Care team.
- If your wedding is approved:
- You will receive a formal written confirmation notification from the Harbour Care team. (This means your wedding date has officially been placed on the Harbour Church Ministry Calendar and on the calendar(s) of the Harbour Church staff member(s) involved in your wedding.)
- You will be scheduled for premarital sessions with a Harbour Care mentor couple.
- You will be emailed a Wedding Ceremony Survey to fill out.
- Once we receive your completed Survey, we will schedule you with the Harbour Staff Member who will be officiating your ceremony. This person will go over the Wedding Ceremony Survey with you in person.
- We do have an option to help facilitate your wedding at our City Hub location, except during holiday weekends. These include: New Years, Easter, Independence Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
- Once the ceremony date has been approved and confirmed by the Harbour Care team, your wedding rehearsal date, premarital sessions, and Wedding Ceremony Survey overview session will be scheduled immediately for Harbour Church Pastoral Care calendar purposes.
- The rehearsal may need to be held on the Thursday before the wedding if it conflicts with our corporate services.
- Your assigned Service Administrator will go over policies and procedures regarding the actual ceremony once a date has been secured. This will be your point person for any questions or requests leading up to the wedding ceremony.
- The Service Administrator will be present at the rehearsal and the day of the wedding, however, they will not be responsible for any set up or tear down for the wedding ceremony. They will provide entry into the building and lock up.
- An audio attendant will be provided for rehearsal and the wedding ceremony. The fee is covered in the wedding costs. The Harbour sound system will not be made available to any outside individuals.
On-campus weddings cost $1,400, which includes:
- Premarital sessions
- Service administration
- Audio services
- One-hour building rental for rehearsal
- Four-hour building rental for set up, ceremony, and tear down
- Total cost due 30 days before the wedding day
In addition to the overall wedding cost, except in the case of financial hardship, a suggested honorarium of $500 for performing the ceremony should be presented to the pastor on the day of the wedding, as is customary.
- Once the ceremony date has been approved and confirmed by the Harbour Care team, your wedding rehearsal date, premarital sessions, and Wedding Ceremony Survey overview session will be scheduled immediately for Harbour Church and Harbour Care calendar purposes.
- For some off-campus weddings, premarital sessions with our team may not be required if the couple has arranged for their own counseling elsewhere. This is to be discussed between the couple and the Harbour Care team and ultimately approved by the Harbour Care team.
LOCAL OFF-CAMPUS WEDDINGS
- If a Harbour pastor is asked to officiate a ceremony within a two-hour drive of The Harbour Church, the pastor will provide their own transportation. However, the following expenses should be covered by the couple:
- Gas supplement based on the mileage to and from wedding venue for the rehearsal and ceremony
- Meal allowance during their time of travel
- Lodging (as needed)
- Based on the specifics surrounding the wedding ceremony, the total expenses will be detailed to you by the Harbour Care team and need to be paid 30 days prior to the wedding ceremony
The suggested honorarium of $500 for performing the ceremony should be given two days before the ceremony, when turning in the marriage certificate to the Harbour office.
- If a Harbour pastor is asked to officiate a ceremony more than a four-hour drive from Harbour Church, the pastor will need the following expenses to be covered:
- Flight and/or travel expenditures to and from the wedding venue
- Meal allowance during their time of travel
- Based on the specifics surrounding the wedding ceremony, the total expenses will be detailed to you by the Harbour Care team and need to be paid 30 days prior to the wedding ceremony.
The suggested honorarium of $1,000 for performing the ceremony should be presented to the pastor given two days before the ceremony, when turning in the marriage certificate to the Harbour office.
We are honored that you have considered The Harbour Church to be a part of your special day. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.